Gallbladder Cancer (GC) is one of those cancers which are not being diagnosable in the early stages. It’s very rare that it will show symptoms in early stages.
The gallbladder is just below the liver and it helps in storing the digestive fluid and the bile which is required for the fat digestion in the food. It is not common cancer, and if found in the early stage then the chances of Gallbladder Cancer Treatment are more.
Gallbladder Cancer Symptoms
Here are few of the symptoms of GC:
• Pain in belly’s or abdomen’s upper right part may occur if one has GC.
• Sudden weight loss
• Loss of Appetite is also one of the signs of Gallbladder Cancer.
• Feeling a lump in the abdomen’s upper right part.
• Jaundice is another symptom of Gallbladder Cancer.
Some risk factors related to Gallbladder Cancer
There are a few risk factors which are associated with Gallbladder Cancer. They are:
Age – Generally, the chances of gallbladder cancer is more in people above 45years of age.
Gender – It has been noticed that females are more prone to gallbladder cancer.
Lifestyle – The poor lifestyle and our living habits are also the risk factors for gallbladder cancer. Some of the poor lifestyle habits are smoking, alcohol consumption, overweight, etc.
Gallstones – Gallstones is one of the common reasons for gallbladder cancer.
Ethnicity – Native Americans, Mexican Americans, people of Pakistan and India, are more prone to gallbladder cancer.
Gallbladder conditions – Chronic infection in Gallbladder and Gallbladder Polyps also increases the gallbladder cancer risk.
What are the different stages of GC?
1st Stage – This is the early stage when the cancer is limited to the inner part of the gallbladder.
2nd Stage – In this stage, the gallbladder cancer starts infecting the outer layer as well.
3rd Stage – In the 3rd stage of gallbladder cancer, it starts and spreading to the organs nearby it. Like lymph nodes, liver, stomach, etc.
4th Stage – This is the last stage in which the large lumps or large tumours are formed. Also, cancer has spread to other nearby organs as well.
Tests for Gallbladder Cancer Diagnosis
Some tests are conducted in order to determine whether it is Gallbladder Cancer or not. They can be blood tests done for examining the chances of gallbladder cancer.
As, with the help of the functioning of the liver, it becomes little possible for doctors to determine cancer. As gallbladder cancer also affects the liver if it gets spread. The doctor may also do some imaging tests for diagnosing cancer. The tests include CT Scan, MRI, and Ultrasound.
Treatment for Gallbladder Cancer
The treatment of the gallbladder cancer depends on which stage of Gallbladder Cancer you are in.
Also, the doctor needs to know your medical condition before starting the treatment. For diagnosing and treating both, visit the best cancer hospital in Delhi.
• In the case of early-stage cancer, the treatment can be done with the help of Surgery. The surgery is done for removing the gallbladder. If the liver is also infected, then some parts of the liver are also being removed.
• In the case of late-stage cancer of the gallbladder, different treatments are done. Like Clinical Trials, Chemotherapy treatment, and Radiation Therapy.
Here we discuss various disease which can cause a problem in Gallbladder, let’s know about them.
• Gallstones – It is the most common Gallbladder problem, In this problem, Every person has to face a lot of pain in the gallbladder. The gallstone is in a different size, they can be small or can be big also. It can be known only after the diagnosis. When gallstones become the stoppage for the bile duct, it results in severe pain.
• Gallbladder Cancer – This cancer is very scantily but we can not diagnose in the initial stage. Have not a particular reason behind the gallbladder cancer. The GC can also affect the liver.
Today The treatment of GC is available in many hospitals, and Firstly should consult with an oncologist to obtain the treatment. If you are facing any trouble near your gallbladder, do not just ignore it by taking it as a normal pain.
Do visit the doctor for the diagnosis, and if cancer detected, start the treatment as early as possible. Try to avoid such situations which can lead to GC.